At Leapfrog Nursery School Ltd we take privacy very seriously and are committed to fully meeting the new data protection standards (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
What information do we collect, hold and share?
- personal information (such as name, address, date of birth)
- characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, early years pupil premium eligibility)
- attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- observations and assessment information and tracking of progress
- medical information
- information on special educational needs and disabilities (including if accessing Disability Living Allowance and entitled the Disability Access Fund)
- referrals to other relevant services
- safeguarding information
We also collect, hold and share some information on children’s parents/guardians:
- personal information (names, address, contact numbers and emails)
- National Insurance numbers
Why we collect and use this information?
- support their learning and development, to enable staff to plan suitable activities to extend their knowledge and skills
- ensure that all children are safe within our childcare provision
- monitor and report on their progress
- provide appropriate behavioural and emotional support as required
- assess the quality of our services as a childcare provider
- comply with the law regarding data sharing (GDPR)
- meet the requirements of the early years foundation stage (EYFS)
- make claims for funding
What is the lawful basis on which we use this information?
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, the parents/guardian of the child, to provide childcare and the contract that we have with the Local Authority to provide funded childcare to eligible families
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (e.g. submitting data for the early years’ census)
What rules do we apply when collecting children’s information?
How are we storing children’s data?
We are using Tapestry Early Years Foundation Stage web-based software to record your child’s progress. All information stored on Tapestry will be deleted within one year of your child leaving Leapfrog Nursery. Your child’s Tapestry Learning Journal will be retained in accordance with retention period for child’s record.
Your data will be held securely and will only be accessible by staff who are authorised to do so.
Who do we share children’s information with?
- schools that the child attends after leaving our provision
- other local childcare providers where the child is engaging currently (wrap around or blended childcare)
- our Local Authority (for funding claims and the early years census)
- the DfE (annual early years census)
- Local Authority Area Inclusion co-ordinators (for Specialist Educational Needs support)
- NHS services (health visitors and speech and language therapists)
- Hungry Monsters (dietary requirements)
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection Regulations.
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.